Friday, June 27, 2008

Magnet Board

I finished the magnet board that I made for Jackson's room. Originally I was looking for some cute baseball paper to cover it with, but couldn't find any that I loved. Instead I picked out a few coordinating colored papers and covered the magnet board with them. I think it turned out cute, minus a couple mistakes that I made.



Want to make one? It's super easy and not too time consuming. I bought the magnet board at Roberts for $9.99, and it is a pretty big one. Sand it if needed. I painted the board first, then cut out squares of paper. I lined up the papers to make sure they fit how I wanted them to. Then I Mod Podged them on, covering the top layer with Matte Mod Podge. And Wallah-finished! I want to make a cute one for my office that is a bit more girlie, I'm excited.

**TIP- After you mod podge the papers on, make sure you get a credit card and push the paper down really well to get all the bubbles out. I made the mistake of not doing that, and now a few of mine have little bubbles.

4 comments:

Kohnie said...

that is so cute. Maybe you can make me one.

Julie Freeman said...

So cute! I am going to have to have you show me how that is awesome!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Okay, I am now feeling encouraged to start the one that I was supposed to make for my mother-in-law as her Christmas present last year and I have been putting it off for so long. It just seems like so much work, but I think you have encouraged me to get it done and in the mail.

Pam said...

I love it. Good idea!