Monday, November 14, 2011

when we're helping we're happy

we didn't do very well with day 7 of the Happy Day Prjoect.
but we will for sure do it soon. it takes a little more preparation than the others.
i think it would be fun to do on thanksgiving day or weekend. what a good way to think of others.
one of the days when we gave something to someone who is homeless, kelan was with me.
he asked me why they don't have a house. and told me we have room at our house for them. so why i don't i let her get in the front seat of the car and let her live at our house. it made me tear up, and i wish i could have. unfortunately that is not the way the world works. but it's hard to explain that to a 4 year old.


i love this image that poprocksdesign has over on etsy. my kids absolutely love this song, so i think it would fit perfect on our home. but as i was doing this project the past week i realized it is totally true. and doing service is addicting. i couldn't stop thinking about what i wanted to do next, or who i wanted to do something nice for. it wasn't the best week for me personally, and i had some lame health stuff going on. i was happy to have something else to think about instead of feeling sorry for myself. service is addictive! so try it, see for yourself how happy service can make you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job.

I read a lot of blog posts and necer heard of a topic like this. I love this topic you made about "when we're helping we're happy" . Very ingenious

Vijay - https://www.grouptable.com/invitations