Saturday, September 13, 2008

Handprints

I made this today to hang in our "work in progress" office. Try getting an 18 month old's hand print, it is NOT easy. It worked much better with Jackson, and I still have to finish his. I can't decide if I should leave it plain and simple like this, or add some ribbon/buttons/or other embellishments. I'm kinda diggin the plain look.

I just used the back of a square stretched canvas, and painted the sides. Then I covered the edges with distressed paper, painted inside the square, and put his handprint on a paper which I then glued inside. Added some rub-ons, and that was it. Easy schmeasy.



I made this other one of Jackson with my sis awhile ago. I like the colors a little more in this one. Plus I like the flowers. Not sure if I can get away with putting flowers on anything that's for a boy.


2 comments:

Merilee said...

I think they are both way cute! You are so talented.

Bastian's said...

Fun idea Kris. I think you should start teaching classes on all these cute ideas you have.