Friday, August 1, 2008

Something Intersting.....

I loved this post over at Tangled and True asking people how much they pay a babysitter. It obviously varies according to where you live. The first time we left the kids with a babysitter I really had no idea how much to pay. Actually, I still don't really know how much to pay. I usually just get one of the girls from church to come over for a couple of hours when I do get a babysitter, and they are 11 or 12 years old. Our 1 year old has always been in bed, so really it's just our 3 year old. And speaking of him ...... last time he stayed up in his bed for 2 hours when the babysitter was here. He HATES having a babysitter. I felt so bad. He wasn't even asleep, he was just chillin' there. SAD.

1 comment:

Merilee said...

Whoah! I didn't read all the comments, but in the first few I was shocked. The average seemed to be $8-10/hr! That is crazy. I remember getting maybe $2/hr. I was thinking $5/hr was good. I guess I won't be hiring a babysitter anytime soon. That makes going out way too expensive. But, maybe it's cheaper here.